Thank you for your interest in certifying as an AMANI Birth Childbirth Educator
and/or Doula (What is a Doula?)!
We are pleased to welcome you to the AMANI family! Take the fist step now...
To read what others have said about their experiences with AMANI Birth, read our Teacher and Doula Training Workshop Testimonials.
Training Program Overview
Your AMANI Birth training journey consists of 10 steps:
1. Complete and submit the application for training online.
2. Upon acceptance you will receive an email invitation to our learning management system. You will need to complete the Welcome assignment, which takes literally 1 minute to do and sets you up for your training journey.
3. Confirm enrollment in the workshop group of your choice and pay fees, which will be sent to you by email upon receipt of your registration application (prices are on a sliding scale for varied countries based on socio-economic standing.)
4. Complete pre-workshop video intro assignments prior to the first live session. These take about 1 hour to complete.
5. Attend six or seven 5-hour live sessions (conducted once weekly for six or seven consecutive weeks--six or seven dependent upon speed of the group) and keep up with online homework assigned in each live session in order to progress to the next week's live session.
6. Complete the online prerequisite assignments in our learning management system (submit your birth stories, read the AMANI Birth book and two other natural birth books of your choice and a breastfeeding book of your choice). [NOTE: It is advisable to complete as much of these assignments ahead of the workshop as possible; however, you will be given up to six months after the workshop to complete them if needed.]
7. Submit online self-evaluations of one series of classes (for Childbirth Educators) on our learning management system.
8. Submit an online self-evaluation for one doula birth (for Doulas) on our learning management system.
9. Complete a four-part online exam on our learning management system at the end of the training period. This includes vocabulary, completing a list of references in your birth community (research and explore the services in your community), self-reflective short-answer essay, and knowledge questions (mix of multiple choice and short-answer essay). You will have 30 days to complete the exam and it is open book (we don't expect you to know it all, but we do expect you to be able to find the answers).
10. Submit the annual certification fee of $50 USD and become listed on our Teacher/Doula Directory.
Online workshops are announced when planned so check frequently.
Pre-Covid we were always willing to travel to new locations if there was enough interest. We will reconsider face-to-face workshops dependent upon the global situation with the pandemic.
Let us know if you would like to coordinate a face-to-face workshop in your area.
Take a look at our Childbirth Education Program and our Frequently Asked Questions.