2. Upon acceptance you will receive an email invitation to our learning management system. You will need to complete the Welcome assignment, which takes literally 1 minute to do and sets you up for your training journey.
3. Confirm enrollment in the workshop group of your choice and pay fees, which will be sent to you by email upon receipt of your registration application (prices are on a sliding scale for varied countries based on socio-economic standing.)
4. Complete pre-workshop video intro assignments prior to the first live session. These take about 1 hour to complete.
5. Attend ten 3-hour live sessions (conducted once weekly for ten consecutive weeks--some cohorts finish in 9 sessions, others take 11, dependent upon speed of the group) and keep up with online homework assigned in each live session in order to progress to the next week's live session. Attendance at all live sessions is required. There are recordings provided as a courtesy, but they do not replace live attendance at all sessions.
6. Complete the online prerequisite assignments in our learning management system (submit your birth stories, read the AMANI Birth book and two other natural birth books of your choice and a breastfeeding book of your choice). [NOTE: It is advisable to complete as much of these assignments ahead of the workshop as possible; however, you will be given up to six months after the workshop to complete them if needed.]
7. Submit online self-evaluations of one series of classes (for Childbirth Educators) on our learning management system.
8. Submit an online self-evaluation for one doula birth (for Doulas) on our learning management system.
9. Complete a four-part online exam on our learning management system at the end of the training period. This includes vocabulary, completing a list of references in your birth community (research and explore the services in your community), self-reflective short-answer essay, and knowledge questions (mix of multiple choice and short-answer essay). You will have 30 days to complete the exam and it is open book (we don't expect you to know it all, but we do expect you to be able to find the answers).
AMANI has been training and certifying Childbirth Educators and Doulas since 2010. Since 202o we have been conducting our workshops online, with practical experiences taking place in your local community. To-date we have completed nearly 200 workshops with over 50 of those being completely online and we have trained over 1000 Childbirth Educators and Doulas worldwide. Online workshops are announced when planned so register today for updates and announcements.
Pre-Covid we were always willing to travel to new locations if there was enough interest. We continue to consider face-to-face workshops dependent upon interest for in person workshop in any given region.
Let us know if you would like to coordinate a face-to-face workshop in your area (minimum 10 participants).
First and foremost, birth is an act of trust and worship of our Creator. We are strong supporters of natural births in any setting (home, hospital, birth center, etc.). We teach good birth consumerism and physical/mental/emotional preparation for the big event. Afterbirth care and an overview of breastfeeding are included. Whether you are a Muslim or simply want to be more culturally competent, this course offers reference to Islamic teachings, practices and culture that makes this training unique. Besides the core curriculum of pregnancy, labor, and birth physiology and working with our materials, our syllabus combines soft skills (interpersonal and teaching skills) with practical knowledge and simulated practice set in an Islamic context. We cover teaching skills, hands-on doula skills (including rebozo), marketing and more. Come prepared to learn and have fun in a relaxed setting with other like-minded sisters who are passionate about birth!
Serving others during the childbearing year is an exciting and challenging journey. Our workshops are evidence-based and life changing. We have trainees and affiliates ranging form obstetricians to recent high school graduates. Prior medical knowledge is not required and persons with the highest degrees and experiences gain just as much as those with no prior experience or study.
Be at least 18 years old
Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Have passion to serve others
Speak, understand, and read in the language of the given workshop (workshops and materials are available in English, Arabic, or Indonesian)
Sample of Workshop Topics
Below is just a small sample of the varied topics covered in AMANI trainings.
Statistics and evidence
Active listening skills
Cross cultural communication and support of diverse individuals
Interprofessional communication and working in support of families and medical providers
Supporting families through trauma, grief, and loss
Pregnancy preparation and the importance of perinatal self care, including finding a provider for supportive prenatal care, pregnancy nutrition and exercise
Physiology of pregnancy, labor, birth, breastfeeding, and postpartum
Stages of labor
Coping skills and practical comfort measures for labor and birth
When you train and affiliate with AMANI Birth you are joining a large community of AMANI Trainees, Affiliates and Staff who are available to support you for the long run. You will be invited to join our What'sApp and Telegram groups for instant and constant contact for feedback and debrief with your peers and mentors. You will enjoy access to the private AMANI Affiliate pages of our website, which are rich with evidence-based resources to support you as you serve your community. With AMANI Birth you will be supported throughout your birth worker career.